Monday, March 31, 2008

Finished all level 3 quests

Total play time 1 hours 38 minutes

All Level 3 quests complete (8 of them)

I was lucky and found enough leather armor to equip each of my units and even a slightly upgraded version for my Cavalry, Spearmen and Light Infantry.

My strategy for this portion was deploying my unit of archers then waiting to see what the enemy had and deploying a good counter such as Pikemen against mounted units, Cavalry or spearmen against ranged and infantry against large infantry blocks.

All of my peasants now have homes thanks to being able to purchase some wood from the market. The Nation Status screen shows I am net 75 food positive per day but in the hole 21 gold for upkeep. I will need to make sure to construct a gold mine tomorrow.

I can see that I am getting close to enough gold to be able to afford buying another troop on the market so I try the level 2 “Easy Pickings” quest on Silver Difficulty, figuring that since the units were split unto 3 groups, I would be able to handle them one at a time.

After selling the extra armor and some food I am able to gather 1000 gold, enough to buy another Human Spearmen unit.

I cant wait to fill up my Spearmen and Pikemen units so that I can start buying Human Swordmaidens in preparation for some of the harder levels. I think a unit of Human Heavy Cavalry will also come in handy, since there are bound to be many ranged units to fight and they have the highest DR (Defense Rating) available to me.

Status
Nation level 5
Peasants: 25
Farms: 4
Houses 3
Units
25 Human Archers: level 2
12 Human Light Cavalry: level 2
21 Human Pikemen: level 1
21 Human Spearmen: level 1
25 Human Light Infantry: level 1
Fireball: level 1
Rally: level 1
Heal: level 1

1 comment:

GodOfWar said...

excellent thinking slava, i myself will do this also, on the same rule set as yourself and see how far i can progress too

--dwarfking aka godofwar

About Me

I am the Marketing Director for Silverlode Interactive. You may find me trolling the forums at www.playsaga.com