Monday, March 31, 2008

My Goal

I believe and really love that people are able to play Saga at what ever cash investment level they choose. Although I have heard some say that the game is simply too hard without spending boat loads of money.

It was always our intention to strike a balance between allowing everyone to enjoy the game free while putting in enough incentives for booster pack purchasing, which provides funding for continued development of new features.

To prove to myself and provide some guidance to those who would wish to try this great game, I have created a free account for myself and will document my progress each day.

Please remember that I have been playing Saga for 6 months, your millage may vary. Of course if you enjoy the game I encourage everyone to at least register. On a per hour basis, you really can't beat the price for entertainment value.

To clarify the difference between the free and registered version. The free version removes the ability to effect the economy. Free players may not use the market or the mail feature to trade with other players. Free players may also not join guilds since they would then contribute funds daily based on their production. One player could make 30 free accounts and gain an advantage over someone who simply doesn't have that much time. Really no human should have that much free time.

Free accounts may participate in most of the other in game features, the most entertaining of which is the ability to quest with friends, registered and trial alike. I plan to take advantage of this feature should I come across any particularly difficult quests and just to have fun with some Heroics. Free accounts may buy and sell resources to the market as well as purchase basic troops for a set gold fee.

1 comment:

Fright01 said...

I have been playing since near the beginning and I haven't spent a cent on the game. I still have a lot of fun playing the game. You don't have to spend money to be a part of the community, it just makes it a lot easier to make a nation, when you inherited most of your troops and money from your real life persona.

About Me

I am the Marketing Director for Silverlode Interactive. You may find me trolling the forums at www.playsaga.com